Now that you've completed your shift you’ll want to invoice the office right away.
Here are a few helpful hints to effective invoicing and payment collection that will make your life easier!
And just so you know, you have the option of using our app to invoice or you can use your own form if that works best for you.
As an independent contractor, it truly is up to you and your responsibility to track your invoices and collect your payments as agreed upon between you and the office (note: when viewing the shift you can see the payment terms).
Before or at your shift, it is a good idea to ask how payment will be made to you.
Before you even book your shift and are still looking at the shift details, you can see when the office is agreeing to pay you by. It will either be:
- Within 24hours
- Within 2 weeks
- Within a month
If necessary, leave payment information/email with the office that day to avoid any delays.
Remember: offices get busy and you might need to be the one to ask/bring up the subject.
Things that you can ask about include:
- If it’s a 14 day payment term, will payment be by cheque, by direct deposit, or by EFT - This allows you and the office to discuss this payment and make arrangements before you leave ensuring payment is on time.
- If any important information is needed, such as email or banking information, then it can be exchanged before you leave the shift.
When an office chooses to use the Pay Now feature, then we become involved in the process for payment.
We will send you an email immediately letting you know that we have secured payment for that shift and but it is based upon when the office actually makes the payment.
The notification email will include details on the amount and that a separate email will be sent from Sudden Turtle Consulting Inc that includes details on securely transferring those funds to you VIA e-transfer using your email on file.
If you have a different email that you would like to use for the transfer, be sure to add it when you are creating your invoice, you can now do that directly yourself!
Please note: We do our very best to get that payment out to you within 24 hours!
There is a slight delay from when the office makes that payment to when we can make that transfer to you. Circumstances such as holidays or weekends may play a part in this delay.
- Create your invoice as soon as you’re done with your shift this way there's no delay
- Save and Send the invoice
- Make any necessary notes in your invoice to help as a reminder for that shift
- Make a note of when the payment is actually due and track it
Please Note: A 14 day payment term is when the office has up to the end of that period date to get payment to you, so if your shift was Nov 1 then payment should be received no later than Nov 14th
- A few days before the payment is due, re-send your invoice as a reminder to the office
- If an invoice goes past the payment term date, then log into your account and from the home page:
Click on the shift > Click on View Invoice > Then Click Delayed payment.
This will let us know that there is a delay and will notify the office you have not received payment on time.
If you have already marked your payment as a Delayed Payment and contacted the office asking about your payment, you should contact us via email and we can help arrange with the office the fastest way to get your payment to you from there.