Here at TempStars we understand that things can happen out of your control and there may need to be a time where you have no option but to cancel a shift.
It's important that you know there is a process that we follow to ensure we protect and preserve our entire community who uses us and who are affected by these cancellation events.
To start, with any cancellation, regardless of notice, it has such a huge impact on our entire community.
It affects your fellow hygienists/assistants who lose out on working shifts and it also affects the offices, their patients, and their team.
I can tell you that it's so very rare when members has to cancel on our platform in our community️
WHAT DO I DO FIRST
If you know there is no way you can make that shift, CANCEL it from your APP asap!
This gives that office as much time as possible to try to recover and find a replacement! When you don't do that, the office can fill the shift because you're still booked in their account. They struggle to get that shift filled and end up having to cancel their day.
Keeping us updated and reaching out to us to tell us exactly what's happening helps us mitigate the situation to avoid negative outcomes - and you can imagine that when a hygienist or assistant doesn't arrive for a shift the office is cancelling their patients for the day and it's disastrous.
WHY WE HAVE A PROCESS
Please know that It's super important that we manage and protect the health of our membership and for those who rely and depend on us for the most reliable, and professional dental professionals - its why we do what we do️
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I CANCEL
When any cancellation happens our process for everyone does mean:
1. A "HOLD" is placed on account until we have all the details. Contacting us right away keeps us in the loop and we can manage things from our end better with the office. When we don't hear back from you or you don't pick up the phone when we call, we proceed with cancelling your future shifts and wait to hear back from you.
2. Most our members communicate directly with us as this happens and update us with all the information which helps us resolve the issue right away.
3. Our support team works to find out those details from you and asks for appropriate documentation to help remove that "hold" on your account and we wait until you can get it to us.
Most members that need to make any change to a shift ( short notice or with advance notice) it's usually due to medical or sickness reasons and they are able to supply a doctors note to have that cancellation adjusted and verified.️
4. At the same time, Our Support Team is working with the office to try to find a replacement so that they don't lose out on the day with their patients.
5. Once we have all the details and information needed, our Membership Integrity Team can help make adjustments as needed so that we can get your account back up and running!
Now, when a note can't be provided it means that the cancellation would stay on record and the block on your account of 14 days would stay as well. For your health and safety, and everyones really, its best to fully recover from being sick so that when you come back you're completely ready to handle taking shifts:)
Once the hold time expires your account would move back to the previous Status you had.
If it does not move back on its own through our system, then it's because you have a history or pattern for cancellations and Hannah has reviewed your stats and decided to keep your account "ON HOLD".
At this point, you may want to reach out to our Membership Integrity team to revisit your status and they can help answer any questions on how to get back on track:)
In essence, every shift matters! - This means consistently keeping shift commitments and really go that extra mile to show up early, work hard as a team player for that day, hone your skills and really ensure your communication style at the office and with patients is exemplary.️