As you know, when you book a shift with an office, the office, their team and their patients are counting on your to keep your commitment, and you have given your word to keep your shift. Which is why we take every booking commitment very seriously.
The entire community of TempStars members who trust and rely on us to provide consistent, reliable, professional matches depends on keeping commitments.
If something happens that makes it impossible for you to keep your booking commitment, there is a “Cancel Shift” button at the bottom of the page, when you click on the booked shift date.
Consequences of Cancelling Shift Commitments
- Your account may be blocked for 14 or more days
- Your account may be deactivated permanently
We Assess on a Case-by-Case Basis
If you have a legitimate reason for cancelling your shift commitment, please notify us and we will assess the circumstances.
Typically, if it is medical-related we required a doctors note to override any penalties.
If it is related to an automobile accident, we typically require a police report to override a penalty.
We also understand that things can happen to the most professional and reliable of us. If your cancellation % falls in the "Rare" (less than 5%) category based on our review of your account, we'll also waive the penalty.
Cancelling Less Than 24 Hours Notice - Do These Things
- Contact the office or contact person as soon as you know you cannot be there.
- Cancel your shift in the app immediately. It must happen in the app by clicking the “Cancel Shift” button.
- And then contact us through our Help Widget to let us know.
If you can not reach the office then email us! Contact us through our Help Widget and we will contact the office and try to find a replacement.
Please note: Short-notice cancellations and "no-shows" are most likely to cause your account to be permanently blocked.
Cancelling more than 24 hrs notice
- If there is no reason or note, your account will automatically be blocked for a minimum of 14 days from accepting shifts and job board listings