As you know, we have moved into Phase 2 of the Vaccine rollout and dentistry has been placed at a very high priority level. Some dental offices have already started coordinating appointments for staff to get their vaccinations.
The Ministry has provided an updated document on Guidance for Prioritizing Health Care Workers for COVID-19 Vaccination.
We've added the following links from Public Health and provincial dental colleges with information for anyone looking for vaccination and booking information and its process.
The RCDSO has also provided some guidance with direct links to Ontario Public Health clinics organized by regions.
Eligibility criteria when booking vaccination appointment with Public Health for Very high Priority Health Care workers
1. You will be asked to confirm your current profession is in the highest priority or very high priority health care worker group.
2. Review and confirm that you meet all the following criteria before booking your appointment:
- I am eligible to get a covid-19 vaccine based on my employment/profession
- I do not belong to a special patient group OR if I do, I have received education/counseling from a health care provider.
- I am aware I will be required to show employment/professional identification (e.g. work identification, a letter from employer, documentation of professional license/registration-this can be a copy of your certificate of dental assisting, etc.)
If you answered YES to ALL the questions above you are eligible.
Public Health Canada Covid 19 Vaccines:
Local public health clinics by region can be found here LPHC
Alberta Dental association Dental assistants Book directly https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx
Manitoba Government site Dental assistants https://www.mdaa.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/February-23rd.pdf COVID-19 vaccine Eligibility criteria for Manitobans was updated to include health-care workers who work in dental offices and have direct contact with patients.
Only individuals who are on this eligibility list are able to call and make an appointment for immunization.
The vaccine call center's phone number is 1-844-626-8222 (1-844-MANVACC). For full details click on this link
Saskatchewan health line link